Sunday, June 5, 2011

Days 76 and 77...aka Paleo Challenge Days 4 and 5

This weekend was just what I needed - no major plans at all and even a date night with no kids!!.  I normally weigh in on Sundays but am trying to stay true to Geaux Crossfit's Paleo Challenge and weigh in on Days 15 and 30....so I won't know how it is going for 10 more days!


Date Night!

J enjoying a non paleo beverage
I spent today cooking and getting ready for the week.  I made a paleo bbq sauce that I found online and it seems too good to be true!  I made bbq pork loin and chicken for this week.  I also tried out the mandoline I got for my birthday - it is amazing! How could I have gone so long without one?  I julienned a bunch of zucchini and sauteed it up with some vidalia onion, garlic and EVOO.  I also made some grilled asparagus and steak.  I tried the golden beet chips but had a dehydrator malfunction so that experiment is put on hold for awhile.


Y U M

I have been thinking about my body and the changes I have felt since starting this journey almost 80 days ago.  Since 1999 I have been getting migraines that require me to take some serious medicine and lay in a dark room for a couple hours to get rid of them.  I have only had one migraine since I started this new lifestyle and guess what?  It was during a weekend that I allowed myself to be a little relaxed about paleo.  I didn't eat gluten but I didn't stay true to the diet.  Over 10 years of suffering is just gone...not once did a doctor recommend I change my diet except maybe to watch out for caffeine.

I have lost over 30 pounds and am still wearing the same pants because they are just starting to fit right...how uncomfortable I must have been everyday.  It is hard to remember...I was telling Jason this weekend that I was SOOO thankful for all this and it hit at just the right time...I had just convinced myself that maybe it would be okay to wear sweatpants out in public because they were so much more comfortable....seriously..it is not okay.  I knew that but my jeans weren't fitting anymore and I didn't want to buy new ones.  I was big time in denial about my weight.  Not anymore...I know I still have a LONG way to go before I am a healthy me.

I am scared for tomorrow's workout...that feeling in the pit of my stomach..anxiety about everyone else being done and I am not even halfway through...it's one of those kinds of WODS.....but I am SOOO excited to workout again - I wish I could figure out a way to go more often.  Having 2 kids, a husband, 2 dogs, a cat, a full time job, etc...I guess I should be happy being able to arrange my schedule so I can attend 3 times a week.

I have a feeling this week is going to be a good one.  My only major concern is a scheduled lunch for work that is happening at the Red Lobster.  I don't really like seafood and they don't have a gluten free menu...ugh.  I guess I will have to figure it out when I get there!!

My biggest wish, right now, is that I looked as good as I feel.  I want to be able to talk Crossfit and Paleo with people that don't know me...right now I know they would be looking at me like I couldn't make valid remarks on a healthy lifestyle because of my weight.  How much do I need to lose?  How fit do I need to be?  I am going to a wedding in Nashville in a couple weeks.  I would totally love to be able to have the confidence to walk into a Crossfit gym (there are multiple because I checked) and ask to work out there during my stay...I just can't do it.  No matter how much I know that it would be okay, I just do not feel like I can do it until I look better.  Ugh.  maybe by my brother's wedding in October....I wonder if there are Crossfit gyms in Richmond??
Bethany and Kelly P's kids playing the piano!  Love this photo and just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment