Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Days 120 - 128 aka to NYC and back to my routine

I cannot believe that I have forgotten to weigh in for the last couple of weeks!  That is incredible to me...I have been travelling so much with work; I just have not had a chance to think about it!  Sooo..tomorrow is the day.  I am feeling pretty good about it.  Sure, my eating when I was in NYC was not perfect (can anyone say roasted pork belly with a fig glaze??) but I am still proud of how I did. 

I got back from NYC on Sunday and am sooo happy to be able to get back to my routine.  I know that routine is key....as soon as it is gone I feel like I am losing control.  Travelling is so hard.  I hate to say it but I just couldn't not make myself exercise even once when I was there. 


Today's WOD ws a "Crier"

I finally got to go back to Geaux Crossfit this morning.  When I checked out the WOD I was happy that I would be easing into it with a short workout.  Amber, apparently, had other plans for me.  When I walked in she told me that I would be doing a different workout then everyone else.  I figured that meant she would be scaling the WOD for me.  Oh how wrong I was.  Today's WOD became what I consider a crier - I didn't think I would make it through but I did.  When I got to my car I had to call my good friend Kelly P. and cry to her about it - it's a combination of exhaustion, happiness, and feeling so, so lucky to have Geaux Crossfit in my life.  Okay...so here's how today's WOD went down:

run 3 laps then
Workout of the Day
Bench Press 5-5-5 - 65 pounds (and it was not easy)
Then
“Grace”
For Time:
-30 Clean and Jerks (135/95)
I did clean and jerks/run a lap.. 10 - 9- 8 - 7 - 6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1
TOTAL run 2000 meters (holy shit...I just looked it up and that's over a mile!!) and 55 clean and jerks (55 pounds)


bacon, watermelon chicken, sweet potato breakfast

Everyone else was done with "Grace" and I was not even halfway through with my WOD.  I cannot even describe in words the support the other members of the gym and Amber gave me.  Tom, Lee, and the others all talked me through it.  And, this is where I really want to cry, Lee (a strong police officer who can RX just about every workout) ran the last few laps with me.  If he didn't I know I would have given up and walked.  He ran 6 laps with me in all.  He was done with his WOD and stayed until I finished.  Pretty much everyone did.  They stayed just to support me.  I am, once again, overwhelmed with emotion.  I am succeeding because of them.  How can I ever thank them?  I tried to thank Lee for helping me through this morning and he wouldn't accept.  He acted like it was no big deal.

Paleo chef salad lunch

When I was in NYC, I got to spend time with my brother Matt and his soon to be wife Sarah.  I haven't seen Matt for months and months...not since I started Crossfit and Paleo.  His reaction was amazing!  He couldn't get over how different I looked - he said I looked 10 years younger than the last time I saw him... I am so excited because his wedding is coming up in October and I have really been motivating myself to look and feel good then! 

Eating has been so much better now that I am back home.  Kelly P. was kind enough to prepare some meals for me for the beginning of this week since I was away for work.

Sooo....tomorrow morning is weigh in time! I cannot wait to find out the results!

NYC Rooftop Pool = Perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment