|Zucchini stuffed with meat! yum!|
1. to share with Kelly P. We swap leftovers so we don't get sick of eating anything. For instance, I may make 2 dishes for the week and she may make 2 dishes for the week so then we have 4 different choices for lunch each day.
2. for Jason to bring to lunch. While he is not fully paleo, he is working towards it.
3. At least 2 meals for me. I get sick of eating the same thing but can definitely do something twice a week.
4. enough for the kids to eat for dinner - they are pretty picky so they might eat the chicken out of one dish or ground beef out of another....but I am trying to teach them to eat healthy right along with me!
5. enough to put at least one serving in the freezer. That way, I have no nights where I just want to say f--- it, let's just order pizza. Instead, I can say f--- it let's just take something out of the freezer and put it in the microwave.
|no way this is "diet"|
|Ready for the week!|
I put everything in separate containers and clearly labeled our "meal" shelf so Jason doesn't eat my food...hahaha The meal shelf really helps because then I can easily see when it it time to make more food. Tomorrow I know we are having steaks for dinner - I will cook one each for Jason and I to eat then, and 1 extra for each of us to bring to work. Kelly and I will probably end up slicing it up and sharing it on top of a salad.
I have also programmed (under p for paleo) a list of restaurants that I can eat at and still remain paleo. This was totally Kelly Ps idea and it is FABULOUS!
Wow, when I write it all down, it totally sounds excessive. But even with all of this preparation, I still have moments where I feel like I don't know what I am going to eat! It is soo much easier to get a frozen dinner or go through a drive thru. I wish Baton Rouge had a paleo fast food place....life would be so perfect then!
|a GREAT TREAT!|
Fourth of July is one of those holidays that's pretty easy to remain paleo - grilling up some meat and veggies is what everyone does! My big luxury item for the holiday was some really amazing, Louisiana grown watermelon.
I have decided to switch my weigh-in day to Wednesdays since some of my coworkers (all of us doing different diets but having good success)weigh in on that day. It is fun to be able to share that moment with others! I am sooo close to losing FIFTY pounds!! Hopefully it will happen in the a.m.!!
|Happy Fourth of July!!|