Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Days 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 - aka one day till weigh in!

Zucchini stuffed with meat! yum!
Sooo, people have been asking me what kind of preparation I do to stay on Paleo.  I know each person does it differently but I basically try to do all my cooking (at least for lunches) on Sunday.  Or, in this case, on Monday since it was a holiday.  I made a few different things.  I try to cook enough extra:

1. to share with Kelly P.  We swap leftovers so we don't get sick of eating anything.  For instance, I may make 2 dishes for the week and she may make 2 dishes for the week so then we have 4 different choices for lunch each day.

2. for Jason to bring to lunch.  While he is not fully paleo, he is working towards it.

3. At least 2 meals for me.  I get sick of eating the same thing but can definitely do something twice a week.

4. enough for the kids to eat for dinner - they are pretty picky so they might eat the chicken out of one dish or ground beef out of another....but I am trying to teach them to eat healthy right along with me!

5. enough to put at least one serving in the freezer.  That way, I have no nights where I just want to say f--- it, let's just order pizza.  Instead, I can say f--- it let's just take something out of the freezer and put it in the microwave.

no way this is "diet"

Ready for the week!
 First, I had some paleo/Italian seasoned ground beef in the freezer.  I defrosted that and added some veggies to make stuffed zucchini.  Delicious!  Then, I boiled enough eggs for Kelly, Jason and I to have for breakfast/snacks for the first part of the week.  Finally, I made a chicken/paleo sausage (nitrate free) dish with lots of peppers and onions.

I put everything in separate containers and clearly labeled our "meal" shelf so Jason doesn't eat my food...hahaha  The meal shelf really helps because then I can easily see when it it time to make more food.  Tomorrow I know we are having steaks for dinner - I will cook one each for Jason and I to eat then, and 1 extra for each of us to bring to work.  Kelly and I will probably end up slicing it up and sharing it on top of a salad.

SOOOOO GOOOD!
I put a lot of thought into what my diet should be now that the strict Geaux Crossfit Paleo Challenge is over.. I am still trying my hardest to drink Diet Coke.  I haven't had hummus or black beans yet but plan to soon.  I had my first cup of coffee w/non-dairy creamer today and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

I have also programmed (under p for paleo) a list of restaurants that I can eat at and still remain paleo.  This was totally Kelly Ps idea and it is FABULOUS!

Wow, when I write it all down, it totally sounds excessive.  But even with all of this preparation, I still have moments where I feel like I don't know what I am going to eat!  It is soo much easier to get a frozen dinner or go through a drive thru.  I wish Baton Rouge had a paleo fast food place....life would be so perfect then!

a GREAT TREAT!
Seriously, the weeks where I have really struggled are the ones in which I am either not prepared or away from home.  That is why next week makes me sooo nervous.  I am attending a conference for work in the Nashville area.  We are staying in the dorms of a college and have no kitchen and I do not have a  car while I am there.  Our meals are included but they do not take into consideration diet restrictions.  I have come to terms with the fact that I have got to just do the best I can to stay away from foods that will make me sick....it is going to be hard!

Fourth of July is one of those holidays that's pretty easy to remain paleo - grilling up some meat and veggies is what everyone does!  My big luxury item for the holiday was some really amazing, Louisiana grown watermelon. 

I have decided to switch my weigh-in day to Wednesdays since some of my coworkers (all of us doing different diets but having good success)weigh in on that day.  It is fun to be able to share that moment with others!  I am sooo close to losing FIFTY pounds!!  Hopefully it will happen in the a.m.!!

Happy Fourth of July!!


No comments:

Post a Comment