Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Days 139 and 140 - Official Declaration of Even MORE INSANITY!

My husband is finally home from fishing with his buddies at Grand Isle which means I can to go Geaux Crossfit tomorrow morning!  I checked out the WOD and it is not something I am totally scared of ....which is a good thing....

I have been emailing/texting/facebooking (hows that for support?  pretty amazing, huh? ) with my fabulous trainer Amber and she gave me the friendly and gentle nudge (or should I say stern push) that I needed to step my exercise up some.

When I first started at Geaux Crossfit, I could only workout once or twice a week and then was sore (like someone help me off the toilet sore) for a week afterwards.  Now I still have some aches and pains but, truthfully, if my schedule allowed, I could go everyday.

But, alas, life gets in the way.  Because of work/school/child schedules, going 3 times a week is already a burden on my family.  I cannot ask them to add a few more days into the mix.  So, I went over my schedule and realized that I can run from 5:30am - 6:00am on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays without upsetting any family member's schedule or routine.  So, my public declaration is that I will continue to attend Geaux Crossfit 3 times a week AND run one mile at least 2 (goal is 3) additional days.  I never even considered the possibility that I could run a mile.  But Amber was so nonchalant about it....no big deal.  Just run a mile a few times a week....and then I brought it up to my wonderful friend/colleague and neighbor Kelly P.  I said it almost jokingly...can't believe Amber suggested that..hahah...no way could I do that.... and when I looked at Kelly P. to agree that it was an insane idea she said, "Sounds good.  If we leave our houses to meet up at 5:30am, I will have enough time to get home and ready for work."  Soooo....Kelly P. and I are starting on Thursday!  We calculated a 1 mile route from our meeting point....and we are ready to begin!!
It's like Picasso captured Kelly P. and I on our first run!!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo! So excited for you. and if it goes anything like the Picasso painting, you girls better bring some safety pins.

    ReplyDelete