Monday, August 22, 2011

Days 149 - 153...aka..its all routine

Post Geaux Crossfit WOD
 This last week has felt really good - I've been Geaux Crossfitting on Monday/Wednesday/Friday and running a mile with Kelly P. on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. My body is constantly a little achy and I LOVE it!  Geaux Crossfit has changed a lot since I started 153 days ago...there are more females!  It is fabulous!  I am so proud of us girls getting stronger with the help of trainer Amber. 

Paleo Grocery Cart
My eating has been really great.  Now that Jason has joined in on the Paleo fun, I find myself more inspired to be prepared and ready for every meal.  Sunday is my big cook day...this Sunday included many, many hard boiled eggs, Mexican chicken, lean hamburger steaks, t-bones, ham, carrots, asparagus, zucchini, and summer squash.  Hopefully, it's enough food to last for breakfasts and lunches until Friday....it is exhausting spending my Sunday in the kitchen, often with the kids "helping" me cook...but after 153 days, I have learned that my success depends on how prepared I am.

Lunch=meat with a side of meat
Kelly P. and I were talking about food today.  It's funny..when things are stressful, we still both want to eat.  It really doesn't even matter what we eat...we just want to shove food down our throats until we feel like we are gonna burst.  How sick is that?  Seriously......sooo...I got a big bag of assorted nuts in the shell...like the kind our grandmas used to have at their houses - hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds, etc....it is an effort to crack the shell and get to the nut.  It takes time...and that has totally helped with my snacking.  Nuts are paleo but it is way to easy to throw a handful in your mouth and just eat them up without thinking about it....I kinda feel like my weight loss is close to a plateau so I'm doing my best to manage my calories!

grilling up some meat
My brother's wedding is in 54 days...I am so close to being able to fit into my goal dress!  If I can just lose a few more pounds......I am starting to wonder how much weight I need to lose to hit goal...I looked it up online and I figured out that I need to lose 58 more pounds in order to have a normal or healthy BMI.  If that is true, it will mean I'm already more than halfway there compared to my starting weight!  At one time I would have been totally overwhelmed with the idea of having to lose 58 pounds..but now I feel like it will just be a matter of time..how much time?  I don't know. 

So far it has worked for me to focus on small goals.  So my next goal is to lose 15 more pounds by my brother's wedding on October 15.  54 days...15 pounds. 



Want to know what I've been eating? Check out my food log at: http://www.geauxcrossfit.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/120/

1 comment: