Monday, August 29, 2011

Days 154 - 160...aka...sooo incredibly tired!

I am exhausted.  I'm not going to lie.  It isn't even 8pm yet and I am already in bed forcing myself to stay awake long enough to write. I have NEVER been a napper and now...well now...when the kids take their naps on Saturday...I have a hard time not having a rest myself.

Running 5-6 days in addition to crossfitting has wiped me out.  There have been days, like this morning, where it is a real struggle to get myself out of bed.  Thank goodness for the folks at Geaux Crossfit to keep me focused.  I have been meeting a fellow crossfitter, Candace, in the mornings to run a mile before the WOD.  After our run today we did a WOD call Tabata.  When I read it the night before, I actually didn't think it would be that bad.  But, man, it was brutal:

Workout of the DayWork up to 1 heavy set of 3 Deadlift (125 pounds!!)

Then Tabata:

-Squats
-Sit Ups (with abmat)
-Push Ups (I did super modified)
-Double Unders (I did singles)
Tabata is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 rounds.  The score is the lowest number of repetitions you get on any of the 8 rounds.  You will receive a 1 minute break between stations.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember all my times.  I think I did 7 squats, 8 something sit ups, 5 push ups, and 32 singles....

Watermelon on a Stick...Paleo lollipop!
So, after today's 1 mile run AND crazy WOD, I was ready to go into work to tell Kelly P. to forget about our 1 mile run tomorrow.  And then Amber wrote a post for her blog that focuses on my journey.  It made me sit at my desk and cry like a baby!  The quote that, really, really gave me the motivation I needed to get focused for tomorrow's run was "She is a fine example of the discipline and will power it takes to be healthy."  Amber was talking about ME!!!  I am a fine example of health?  Is Hell freezing over?  Seriously?  That is amazing to me.  What Amber doesn't understand is the fact that my success IS because of her and the other folks at Geaux Crossfit.  She keeps me motivated, has always treated me with respect, has the ability to scale the WODS so I don't feel embarrassed in front of my peers, celebrates my successes with me.... I honestly feel so lucky! 

You can read her blog at:
Happy Paleoversary!

Eating has been going well - the weekends are hard.  But it has been so much easier since Jason has joined the Paleo bandwagon!  For his two week paleoversary (yes, I made up this word), I made him some lamb chops with a big ole salad.... I have continued to spend Sundays cooking for the week.  Yesterday included - paleo chicken and squash curry with cauliflower rice, sausage and peppers and onions, tilapia with steamed veggies, and hard boiled eggs.  That will be enough food to get us through for most of the week!

Two days till weigh-in!  I hope it goes well....I want to lose 15 pounds before my brother's weddings (Oct. 15) and..100 pounds by January and.....gulp...118 pounds by the end of March!  I know those are some major goals...seriously.  Can I lose 118 pounds in one year?  Amber seems to think so.  And because she does, so do I! 

Time for sleep so I can get up and run tomorrow morning!

Want to know what I've been eating? Check out my food log at: http://www.geauxcrossfit.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/120/

No comments:

Post a Comment