|Yup, I just ran a mile and did a WOD!|
This morning at Geaux Crossfit, my fabulous trainer Amber asked me to think about how I have changed since losing all of this weight. Sooo...I thought I would create a list:
2. Even though I get up earlier and am doing more physical activity, I am less tired.
3. I have muscles. Seriously...sometimes I will go to scratch my leg or something, I am startled by the firmness of certain body parts!
4. my feet no longer ache. They ached pretty much all the time. If I went to the mall shopping sometimes I couldn't to the whole mall....it was too painful. Now, much to my husband's dismay, I have no problem spending the whole day shopping!!
5. my stomach is no longer red with pain. Seriously. I was at the biggest sizes in the store and they were still tight. By the end of the day, I had a ring around my waist from my pants rubbing. Not only is that totally embarrassing but it also hurt. Some days the skin would be rubbed off to the point where it was an open sore.
6. my kids don't exhaust me. As much. I think a 2 year old and 4 year old can exhaust even the fittest person. But I am so happy that I can play, really play with them. I can get down on the floor, I can run around the backyard, I can walk with them to the park.
|primal eating = YUM!|
Now, I really do feel great! Of course, we all have our moments. It is aggravating to lose 60+ pounds and still have to shop at the fat lady stores. But, for the first time, I feel strong - both physically and mentally. This is my mission and I know I will reach my goal. And, probably even more importantly, I will then set another goal.....like running a further distance, or bench pressing more weight, or actually doing a squat. ha
I will weigh in again in 20 days. At the halfway point...when 6 months are done and I have 6 months to go!
Want to know what I've been eating? Check out my food log at: http://www.geauxcrossfit.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/120/