Monday, October 3, 2011

Days 187 - 192 aka A Different Person aka Bloodwork Results!

On the way to driving Abby to school today, she asked to look at my work i.d.  It has a photo on it that was taken about 5 years ago when I started my job.  I asked her if she knew who was in the photo.  She looked at it for a moment and replied, "It looks like you when you were someone else."  Sometimes her four year old mind amazes me!!   I feel like she pretty much summed up how I have been feeling lately...

Today I got the results back from the blood work I had done recently.  My endocrinologist did complete blood work about 1 month into starting paleo/crossfit.  The results were astounding....I still cannot get over them!

Jason cooked a wonderful paleo friendly stir fry tonight!
For the first time that I can remember, everything was normal - triglycerides, glucose, good and bad cholesterol...all of it.  Basically, in 6 months I have saved my life. I feel like, as of today, the cycle of obesity and obesity related illness in my family is over.    I come from a family of Type 2 Diabetics. I am no longer a statistic....I am fighting the good fight.

These results could not have come at a better time.  I really do feel myself slipping....a cheat here...a cheat there.  I have been eating out way too much.  I am sick of cooking.  It is past 8pm and I would rather be laying around watching tv..instead I am boiling eggs, grilling chicken, and packing breakfasts/lunches for the rest of the week.  I am tired and what to do what is easy...just grab some prepared food and be done with it.  I am getting ready to go on vacation in 8 days - normally preparation would involve researching the restaurants along the way to choose what I will be eating...instead, I am creating menus comprised of food that I can eat on the go.....healthy food that will help with my weight.

I would love to sleep in past 6am so I feel well rested...give my body a break from exercise so it isn't always aching...but I can't.  I have to concentrate on this rare opportunity I feel like I have to get healthy.

Abby was right..my work i.d. photo was taken when I was someone else.  That someone had pretty much given up on herself.  The new me, on the other hand is just getting started.

1 comment:

  1. Bethany- I stumbled across your blog after searching 'paleo baton rouge, la'. My family and I just finished an organic farming apprenticeship in Texas and just moved back to our hometown, Baton Rouge. Anyways, congrats on your great blood work readings and weight loss!!!! I too am following my blood work readings and eating Paleo. I don't crossfit..yet :) Email me at jrdreesen @ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete