I was at lunch today with a group of colleagues for a lingerie shower on behalf of someone soon getting married (congrats Jessica!) and I realized a few things...first of all, my colleagues are so much like me in a lot of ways. We eat lunch together just about every day, usually in our lunch room at work. We begin by discussing what we are eating, and then talk about what we wish we were eating, then discuss what we are having for dinner, then read through magazines and talk about recipes that sound good but we will probably never actually make. I would say we talk about food about 80% of the time....it is amazing what a role food plays in our conversations!
Some of my colleagues are also struggling with their weight and are following new weight loss plans. They were telling me about different rewards they have promised themselves based on weight loss goals (i.e. 10 pounds = manicure and 50 pounds = Ipad). I think this sounds like great incentive and have decided to start working on my list:
- first 10 pounds - 1 hour of alone time...just me and my Nook so I can read uninterrupted (my husband agreed to this one)
- 20 pounds - an uninterrupted visit to Barnes and Noble....including a coffee
- first chin up without any help - new work out outfit
- 30 days on Paleo - fabulous re-evolution t-shirt mentioned in last post
- 50 pounds - vacation to the beach (Dauphin Island or Perdido Key)
Till tomorrow, when I break up with my favorite food....garlic bread.