Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 12 (18 to go) AKA Good Eats

Today was a much better day compared to yesterday.  I started out by going to the gym to do a killer workout...the almost puked kind of workout that I love/hate.  I honestly didn't think I was going to make it through...but I did.  I am very happy to say that one of the guys working out at the same time as me noticed that I was doing situps (12 in a row x 4 times) and mentioned that, last week I could barely do one.  It's funny that I didn't think of it...Really, in one week I went from barely being able to complete one or two situps to being able to multiple (maybe even 20) in a row!  How amazing is that?  Okay so here was the killer workout:

Workout of the Day
CrossFit Sectional Workout 11.2
15 AMRAP
-9 Deadlifts (155/100)
-12 Push-ups (hand release at bottom, lock out on top)
-15 Box jumps

I did the 9 deadlifts, 12 sit ups instead of push ups (push ups kill my back) and 15 box jumps..but I used the lower box and did it like step aerobics - one foot at a time instead of jumping.

After warming up, we had to do the WOD as many times as we could in 15 minutes.  I did mine a little over 4 times...and felt pretty good about it considering I thought I was going to die halfway through.  But heres the thing, it was 15 minutes of my entire day.  That is what I kept on telling myself  (and what Catherine kept on reminding me)...in 15 minutes it will be over! And, after what seemed like 15 minutes that wouldn't end, it was done!

Here is a demo of what the workout (done without any modifications) looks like:
Demo of workout.

I can't seem to make myself eat before the work out.  It is just too early in the morning.  By the time I get home from working out, I have completely lost my appetite.  I choked down almost a whole boiled egg when I got to work but that was it until lunch.  I was just starting to feel hungry and looked at the clock and it was lunch time!  Kelly P. provided an AMAZING lunch - spaghetti squash, Paleo sloppy joe (from Paleo Solutions) and a great spinach salad with dressing she made.  Seriously, it was so very, very good!  I felt totally satisfied and VERY happy after that delicious meal.  I think that I am going to buy lots of spaghetti squash over the next few weeks!

jason with green curry (he has his with rice)
I was spoiled for dinner too - Jason made a really delicious green curry with pork.  I have kinda been avoiding curry (which we eat pretty regularly in our house) because I was afraid I would miss the rice too much.  Guess what?  It didn't bother me at all!  The creaminess of the coconut milk was totally unbelievable.  I am going to start cooking with that more often  -- it felt like I was cheating!  I wonder if we can make coconut milk ice cream...hmmm...

I am nervous for the weekend - we don't have any major plans....but I am afraid.  Very afraid.  I did order some beef jerky and other paleo treats from Steves Originals.  I read about the site on a Crossfit website and figured I would try it out.  Beef jerky is one of those foods I thought I would be eating on Paleo but I cannot seem to find any without sugar.

Tomorrow is Saturday and I hope to spend less time fighting off the urges to eat things from pre Day 1 and more time playing outdoors with the kids, working in the garden, and hanging with the family.  I guess time will tell!

1 comment:

  1. I had coconut sorbet made with coconut milk and it was delicious! I'm sure there was sugar in it but i bet there is a way around that.

    ReplyDelete