Sunday, April 3, 2011

DAY 14 - AKA weigh in number 2!!

Okay.....drum roll...for week number two I lost 7 pounds!!  That is a 13 pounds loss in the first two weeks of my 30 day commitment!  That means I made it to my first reward with 10 pounds of weight loss I get 1 hour of uninterrupted reading!  Barnes and Noble here I come! I got some coconut milk to try out in my coffee tomorrow.  If it is good, I am going to bring a flask of it to put in a cup of coffee while I am there...people will probably think it's whiskey...hahah

I feel stronger and healthier.  Honestly, I never really thought about what I was putting into my body.  When I did other weight loss plans, I would eat those 100 calorie packs of cookies, at least one a day.  I looked at a pack at the grocery store today and could not believe how many ingredients were in it!  I love that I know exactly what I am eating. 

Again, breakfast was tough for me this morning.  I tried my best to eat an egg...I couldn't eat very much of it.  I am hoping this week will be easier - I made quiche in muffin tins with paleo friendly sausage, basil from my garden, onions and spices. 

Abby cooking Paleo style!
The kids were up by 6:00am so I put Abby to work helping me cook some paleo meatballs.  Normally my meatballs would have contained breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.  These meatballs are half turkey and half ground beef, both super lean.  I used my food processor to chop up some onion and bell pepper and added them and some spices.  I baked them in the oven and them cooked them in Paleo friendly spaghetti sauce and will be serving them for lunch (me and Kelly Ps) tomorrow at work.

Lunch...oh lunch.  I thought I was doing so good!  We wanted to take my parents out to thank them for all of their support - watching our children, cooking paleo friendly food for me, etc..I honestly do not know what we do without them!  They were kind enough to choose Texas Roadhouse because they figured I could find something to eat there.  I skipped their amazing rolls and cinnamon butter and blooming onion and salad with the best croutons and honey mustard dressing.  I got a steak, sweet potato and steamed veggies - all with no butter.  It was sooo incredibly delicious and I was really proud of myself.  Unfortunately, before we even left the parking lot, I got that all to familiar feeling that I experienced everyday for years pre Day 1...the cramps were awful, I couldn't even sit up straight.  We promised the kids we would take them to a playground and I felt so bad because I couldn't enjoy it with them.  I know it wasn't dairy or fatty foods because I didn't have either.  When I got home, I did some research to learn that everything there is cooked in something called grill shortening that is full of gluten.  They can cook without it but you have to ask.  For me, I think this was the final confirmation.  Forget what the doctors have said in the past..the problems I have been dealing with for years are because of gluten.  From now on, I am not eating at a restaurant unless they can guarantee no gluten in my meal.  I don't want to feel like that anymore!

Okay, really.  I don't want to sound cheesy or anything. Seriously though, I think I probably would have suffered for the rest of my life if I hadn't seen Catherine in the grocery store just a few weeks ago... Geaux Crossfit has changed my life.  When I started two weeks ago, I hoped just to lose weight and get fit.  I had no idea that it would change my life so drastically - I am very, thankful!

Okay...as week three begins I am going to focus on my water intake.  I know I am not drinking enough...it is something I really need to work on.  And I vow to celebrate my successes:

1. I avoided the delicious bread at Texas Roadhouse (I even buttered bites for the kids) and the peanuts
2. I baked brownies with Lucas and Abby and wasn't even tempted to eat them
3. At Whole Foods today, I managed to not eat one free cheese sample OR the free cake samples
4. I am excited to begin Week 3!

3 comments:

  1. 13 pounds!?! WOW!!! Fantastic job, Bethany! Again, I'm so excited for you and your real commitment to this. It has been an inspiration. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13 pounds in 2 weeks is amazing!! that's like 2 and a half bags of yucky, gluteny flour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany,

    Reading your blog makes me smile! Since I am someone who didn't "get it" for so long, I am happy for those who do right away! Simple dietary changes to live a much better, happier, healthier life. Who knew?

    Thanks for the information about Texas Roadhouse, I, too, have chosen this in the past specifically for the meat/veggies options, but didn't know that about their food.

    Congrats on the weight loss. Keep going strong!

    ReplyDelete