Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 17 AKA...oh no..not my knee...

Well...today started with a tough workout:
Workout of the Day3-3-3 Back Squat
Then
4 Rounds for Time:
-10 Right Arm Snatch
-20 Squats
-200 Meter run
-10 Left Arm Snatch
-20 Squats
-200 Meter Run

I only did two time and I almost didn't make it for two main reasons:
    Please let my knee get better!
  1. my knee has really been bugging me for the last few days...it isn't bad when I am working out but afterwards, and as the day progresses, it gets swollen and hurts.
  2. I woke up with what I thought was going to turn into a migraine.  Every time I bent down to start an arm snatch (haha..sorry, that just makes me laugh) my head would pound.  Luckily by the end of the workout it didn't hurt anymore!
that workout was insane
Catherine showed me some stretches to do that will hopefully help me knee.  I am so afraid that my knee is going to keep me from reaching my goals...ugh.. I have a package of frozen peas and carrots on it as I type this.  Soo...this was seriously a tough workout.  After the squats, my knees felt like spaghetti and I couldn't get them to work right.  Running was tough, even more than usual.  I really thought I wasn't going to make it for my final run around the building.  I was standing there just about to say screw it when Lee, one of the guys that is usually working out in the morning, gave me the encouraging words I needed to run (well, stagger is more like it) around the building that final time.  Then I made Catherine look at my right arm biceps because they are not jiggly anymore!  ha..oooh the sad life of a trainer.  I feel bad that I put her through that..but it is really exciting for me!

Once again I still had a tough time eating breakfast.  I am really struggling with it.  I ate a few macadamia nuts and sunflower seeds but I could not make myself eat anything else.

should have eaten homemade
For lunch I ordered a brisket salad from a bbq place with no dressing and no cheese.  I made an olive oil and vinegar dressing that I added.  It was mediocre at best.  I should have just eaten leftover curry....

Dinner was a bit late for me.  I had a meeting at Abby's school (where I was elected PTO President!!!) and then had to stop at the grocery store on the way home.  I ended up eating rotisserie chicken and green beans.

In all, I guess I could say it was not a bad day.  I just still cannot get over how much less food I consume then when I have tried other weight loss strategies....I swear I barely get hungry between meals.

It is Wednesday and I still haven't done very well with my water intake.  I really need to focus on that!  Since Day 1 I have grown and appreciation for herbal teas...I have been making some (without caffeine) in big batches and putting in the fridge to serve on ice..It is soo delicious.  I think I would actually choose it over soda!  That is insane!

Can't wait for tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Are you foam rolling all around your quads, IT band, hamstrings, glutes, adductors? That really helped my knee pain, especially the stuff that builds up from running.

    Also - if running really bothers your knees (and it might, being overweight and pounding on pavement might be aggravating it) maybe your trainers can let you sub rowing for awhile?

    ReplyDelete